Saturday, April 11, 2009

We Finally Moved Into Our House!!

Hi All!!
I'm a day behind, but thats alright. I guess later is better then never, right? Anywho, on Friday April 10, we finally moved into our house on base. It feels so nice to have our luggage upacked and no more hotels for a long time!!

So our house is about 1400 some odd square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bath. Enough room for when family and friends come to visit with no problem. Our kitchen has more cabinets then I know what to do with and it also has a huge pantry!! If I fill up all these cabinets in the 3 years we are here, I'll be surprised, hahah!! The walls are freshly painted a creamy color--not a bad shade what so ever. We can paint it a color we like, but before we move out, we'd have to paint it back to the original color. So I think we'll just leave it as is. The kitchen/baths have new tiles on the floor. And the stairs going upstairs, they don't have carpet on them, they have rubber on them. I guess it prevents falls, but I can still picture one of the kids falling at sometime...I hope not since there are 17 stairs! Can't wait for the baby gate to get here. I guess the only thing I do not like here would be the brown carpet in the living room/bedrooms. It looks very worn out and you can tell there is cheapo padding underneath. It feels like there is concrete underneath it. Ahh well, just can't wait for my vacuum to come so I can clean it!! Oh the other thing thats hard for me to get used to again is having a "regular fridge". I'm used to the fridge on top--drives me nuts to bend over to look inside of it, hahah!!

So once we moved in, the AF provided us with renta furniture until ours arrives, ie: queen bed for John and I and twins for the kids, dressers for John and I, a big ol' couch with 2 matching chairs and kitchen table/chairs and lamps. Also, there is a loan closest here. They let you borrow the plates, cups, untensils, pots/pans, iron, microwave, etc. Also, there is a linen closest and those folks let us borrow obviously linens/blankets for our beds and towels for the bath. So we are all set until our things arrive which probably won't be until the end of May. Hopefully it will come before then!!!!!!

We are located in a little cul-de-sac with about 16 families or so surrounding us in the Officer Section. A lot of Colonels are right outside our cul-de-sac. John met the neighbors on the right side of us and they have 2 little kids. Lots of kids here, so the kids shouldn't have any problem making friends. There is a little playground located not even 5 min down the street which is nice! Oh and we also have a little decent backyard for the kids. I think most likely, we will put up a fence so they can play while I watch Young and the Restless and still see them, haha!

I'm getting on the picture deal. Probably on Monday when John is at work and I'm waiting on my laundry, I'll do it. Oh yes, we do have a washer and dryer in our house and it is on the 1st floor...NO MORE BASEMENT, YIPPPEEE!!!! Now I have no excuse for forgetting about it, hahah!!

So thats about it about our house. Just soooo happy we are out of the hotel. Oh and the hotel we were in, it was like another housing option here (looked more like an apt). And I'm so glad we didn't go with that option!!! I actually feel like we are in a house here, even with neighors connected on each side of us. There is plenty of sunshine to go around the house, which I love!!! We don't feel crowded in here either. I think we'll be happy for the next 3 years here. If anything, I just wish family and friends were closer to visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment