Yep Yep, you read right, today was my 1st driving experience on the wrong side of the road. Well at least in the US, it would be the wrong side, hahah!! I think since we have been here for 2 weeks now, it didn't seem to faze me about being on the opposite side.
We just got our "Hot Rod Lincoln" as John calls it, yesterday!! So let me tell you, after 2 weeks of not having a car, its great to have one even if everything is opposite. We have a 1996 Honda Odyssey--I think we might be the 3-4th owner because it has 73,000 some odd miles on it.
We had to make quite a few errands today, so John let me do all the driving (only on base) so I could get used to it. So I told everyone to put on some extra seat belts just in case, haha!! John just kept telling me, especially when I had to turn, to stay on the left side. "Keep your highney on the liney" someone once told me too. One of the things I have to remember is when I come to a stop is to look right, then left and right again. Not left then right. I'll get it I'm sure. Well, I guess I scrapped the front left tire 2x, one time when I parked and the other time, I think I turned to sharp near a curve. I told John, hey, its better then getting in a accident, haha!
I can't imagine what its going to be like going back to the States or somewhere else that drives on the right side of the road now. It will be weird, haha!! John got some pics of me driving for the 1st time. I think I have figured out how to put pics on here, so I will get one up soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment